[iphorm id= 2 name= Contact]
COBIT v4.1 Foundation with COBIT Games
The ISACA CobiT Foundation course addresses the benefits of a sound IT Governance framework. The course helps IT, audit, risk, and compliance professionals master at a foundation level. It explains how to realize effective IT governance using the CobiT best practices framework. It explains the CobiT framework using practical examples and a case-study-driven approach. It also addresses all other components of the CobiT toolkit, such as the assurance guide and management guidelines. The course helps professionals understand how to use CobiT in a logical and understandable way and validates this knowledge using an interactive approach. The course includes an exam preparation module, preparing participants to take on the CobiT Foundation exam.
Practical classroom exercises support the classroom presentations. Additionally, candidates learn the true meaning of CobiT by practicing the use of CobiT in a case-based scenario.
The COBIT Games is an interactive simulation, designed and developed by ITpreneurs, where participants have to prepare the city of Concordia for hosting the upcoming Olympic Games. By preparing the infrastructure of the city, participants learn about the underlying aspects of IT governance. They recognize how the adoption of a process and control framework can help achieve better business alignment, delivery of value, management of risks and resources, and measurement of performance.
- IT auditors
- IT managers
- IT quality professionals
- IT developers,
- IT service managers.
- Anyone interested in learning more about CobiT
- Identifying how IT management issues are affecting organizations.
- Recognizing the need for a control framework driven by the need for IT governance.
- Understanding the principles of IT governance, how IT governance helps address IT management issues, and who should be responsible for IT governance.
- Identifying how CobiT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework.
- Understanding how CobiT is used with other standards and best practices.
- Identifying the CobiT Framework and all the components of COBIT, which are control objectives, control practices and management guidelines.
- Understanding how to apply CobiT in a practical situation.
- Identifying the functions that CobiT provides and the benefits of using CobiT.
- Identifying how the use of CobiT is supported by the ITGI.
- Additional competencies that will be gained by playing the COBIT Game:
- Recognizing symptoms of poor governance;
- Understanding the 5 key areas of Governance;
- Understanding the true meaning of IT Governance
- Understanding how a solid governance structure helps to manage business requirements;
- Understanding the meaning and use of the CobiT Cube;
- Understanding the characteristics of the CobiT domains (PO / AI / DS / ME);
- Recognizing the impact of regulatory obligations and meeting external requirements;
- Understanding that uncertainty exists and that CobiT can help to manage uncertainty;
- Understanding the need for measuring performance to achieve IT Goals;
Participants should have some experience in the IT governance domain.
- Session 1: Responding to IT challenges
- IT management challenges
- Session 2: Introduction to IT Governance and CobiT
- IT Governance definition
- IT Governance principles
- Need for IT Governance and a Control Framework
- Characteristics of a Control Framework
- CobiT Games Round 1
- CobiT Games
- Session 3: Overview of the CobiT Framework
- CobiT – Value, limitations, components, and benefits
- Linking CobiT and IT Governance
- Premise and principle of CobiT
- CobiT Cube – The framework
- CobiT Games Round 2
- CobiT Games
- Recap of the first day
- Session 4: Overview of the CobiT components
- Linking business goals, IT goals, and IT processes
- Framework, control objectives, and control practices
- Management guidelines
- Audit guidelines
- CobiT Games Round 3
- CobiT Games
- Session 5: CobiT and the IT environment
- Alignment with other standards and frameworks
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- CobiT and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- CobiT Games Round 4
- CobiT Games
- Sample Exam (Homework)
- Recap of the second day
- Session 6: CobiT resources and benefits
- CobiT Online®
- CobiT ® Quickstart
- IT Governance Implementation Guide Using CobiT and Val IT, 2nd Edition
- CobiT ® Security Baseline
- Practical implementation consideration
- Session 7: Preparing for the CobiT exam
- Practical hints and tips for the CobiT exam
- CobiT Foundation Exam
- Feedback and course evaluation
No Reviews found for this course.