[iphorm id= 2 name= Contact]
English for Telephoning
English for Telephoning teaches students strategies for communicating by telephone, and trains them how to sequence a conversation. The course builds up students’ confidence to communicate effectively during a telephone call.
English for Telephoning has six units which deal with specific areas related to communicating by telephone, including spelling over the phone, and leaving and taking messages. Skills become more advanced as the course progresses.
Exercises in every unit allow students to review their telephone English, learn new expressions, and practise core grammatical structures.
The program improves functional and communicative skills which enable learners to start working in English at the earliest opportunity. It provides learners with the appropriate language, specific intercultural skills, and effective techniques necessary to be successful.
- The program is directed to any student who would like to become highly competent among others.
- Employees who want to add to their work experience, change their careers, or improve their efficiency.
Unit 1: Shall I put you through?
- Telephoning basics
- identifying yourself
- getting through.
Unit 2: Could you spell that for me?
- Exchanging and checking information
- spelling over the phone.
Unit 3: Let me get back to you on that:
- Voicemail greetings
- leaving and taking messages
Unit 4: When would suit you?
- Making and confirming arrangements
- times and dates
- mobile phone calls.
Unit 5: I’m very sorry about that:
- Making and dealing with complaints
- technical support
- telephone customer care.
Unit 6: How does that sound?
- Making and reacting to proposals
- reaching agreements.
No Reviews found for this course.